Tuesday, November 27, 2007

There is no very good way to wind this down

Dear all,

Those closest to the family know that we are winding down as we get towards the holidays. Brooke and Karen's respective families are taking care of their estates and dealing with all that that entails. We are all finding new ways to deal with the holiday season that is missing two very special people.

Suffice to say, this blog has been a learning experience for us in how to manage a major life event with so many caring people wanting to be involved. It has allowed us to get in touch, share memories, coordinate memorial services, and to some degree measure what kind of impact Karen and Brooke had on our lives.

At the moment, I don't know how much longer I will continue to update this blog. Though it has been indispensable in coordinating with far flung friends and family, it must have its proper end as well.

This may not be the last post, but then again who knows, it might. Simply put, the blog isn't going anywhere for the foreseeable future, as I envision it as an online memorial to them. But like real-world memorials, it will probably be visited more occasionally around special anniversaries, and when we all feel the need to remember.

Keep in touch, everyone.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

From a colleague in Ann Arbor, priveleged to work with your father, Brooke. I still have his memos in my NECA files and I think of him frequently, with great respect and fondness.

Merry said...

Dear Christian, your efforts in putting this up immediately is incredible- you know how I feel anyway, so please, just make sure this stays up, even if it's no longer posted to.

It has been the cornerstone for our efforts to contact each other, find the memorials, the locations, share pictures, and read notices sent to our group.

It will always be the single close "center" for us all, updated or not.

You are an incredible man, and are profoundly appreciated.

Much love,

Merry

Unknown said...

I don't know why, but I felt lead today to google Brooke's name. I worked with him at SMART HOUSE in Prince George's County, Maryland. I loved his passion for writing. I was so surprised and touched that he thought to buy a gift for my children for Christmas one year. It was the book, "The Little Engine That Could". My daughters are 24 and 23 and I still have that very book. I ran in to Brooke about 9 years ago in D.C. Our family was just visiting D.C. for the day and all of a sudden, there goes Brooke walking by. I was so excited to see him. He was happy and smiling as he always was. Brooke was married when I worked with him. May I ask about his wife?

Brenda Shields

Anonymous said...

I was thumbing through my 2008 National Electric Code Handbook, just purchased, and found the Memoriam to Mr. Stauffer. A Yahoo search brought me to the blogspot. Obviously he was a towering figure in the electrical industry, in which I work as an electrical engineer, though I did not know him personally. My condolences to all.

theeislandgirl said...

This is Conniefaye ..Mike Whites cousin..

I think of your loss and so sorry they have not found Brooke ..

I was on the island this summer and thought of them and all the family

theeislandgirl said...

I am Mike Whites cousin ..conniefaye

so sorry Brooke has not been found.

I was on the island this summer and thought of all of you

Anonymous said...

I am mike whites cousin conniefaye


I am sorry that Brooke has not been found

I was on the island this summer and thought about all of you

Anonymous said...

I am mike whites cousin conniefaye

I am sorry Brooke has not been found.
I was on the island this summer and thought of all of you